Please click on the accordion tabs below to view our worship schedule, updated attendance and worship detail, and other pertinent service information.
Please note: MASKS ARE REQUIRED for attending services in-person.
• There will be two services on Sunday mornings…
o Traditional Service at 8:00am, also streamed on Facebook Live @ CalvaryLutheranKC.
o Heart Song at 11:00am.
Due to copyright restrictions for the music, we are unable to stream Heart Song worship services at this time. We are researching the costs associated for purchasing the copyrighted materials so that Heart Song may be streamed in the future.
• In-person attendance for each service will be limited to 80 people, not including Pastor, staff, and ushers. That is, 80 people may attend the traditional service, and another 80 people may attend Heart Song.
• Reservations are not required, but we will be enforcing the 80-person limit. We are looking into ways to offer the basement as overflow space if we were to ever exceed the attendance limitation. Please be patient as methods to provide this convenience to you are studied.
• There is no longer a limit to how frequent you may attend. Please feel free to attend each and every Sunday. As noted above, we will also continue streaming the Traditional service on Facebook Live.
• Again, if you are feeling sick, are experiencing any symptoms, or have any indication that you may have been exposed to the virus, please withhold attending worship in-person and continue worshiping with us via Facebook Live @ CalvaryLutheranKC.
• Seating will be limited to every third pew. Ushers will guide you to a pew that provides social distancing between family groups.
• The sharing of peace will be verbal only.
• A printed copy of the order of service will be available, handed out by ushers as you arrive. A copy of the order of service will be emailed in advance for those attending via Facebook Live @ CalvaryLutheranKC.
• The Bibles and hymnals are available in the pews, but attendance cards will not be available. When leaving, you must take your copy of the order of service, and any other belongings, with you.
• Offering will be collected at the entrance and exit of the sanctuary at the conclusion of the service.
• Entry will be limited to the main doors on 75th Street. Exiting will be limited to the doors at the end of the hallway, leading to the McGee parking lot. If you need the ramp at the parking lot to enter the building, please notify church staff ahead of time, and a volunteer will be available to let you in.
• Door codes will not be turned on. All attendees will be ushered in and out.
• Please continue to follow all social distancing guidelines in the hallway, parking lot, and sidewalks.
• For those worshiping in-person, Communion will be served at the pews. The Pastors will be wearing masks and gloves during distribution.
• For those worshiping via Facebook Live, Communion will be offered from 12:00pm - 1:00pm in the following manner.
o Communion will be served to one family at a time in the Narthex.
o Enter the building through the main doors on 75th Street. o After receiving Communion, you are to exit through the east doors to Oak Street.
o If there is a line, please give each family 10 feet of space while waiting.
o Pastor will be wearing masks and gloves.
o If you are unable to navigate the steps in front of the Church, the Pastor will bring Communion out to you.
o If you are feeling sick, are experiencing any symptoms, or have any indication that you may have been exposed to the virus, please withhold partaking Communion at this time so that we can keep our Pastor and their families healthy.
• Pastor will be at the exits, but please no handshakes or hugs (but they will be very happy to see you).
• Sanitizer will be available upon entry and exit of the Sanctuary.
• Public gatherings increase the risk of COVID spread. We want to offer the safest environment possible. Cloth face coverings protect others in case the wearer is unknowingly infected and does not show symptoms. Therefore, we are requiring everyone to wear a cloth face covering from the point you enter church, until you leave the facility. If you do not have a face covering, we will gladly provide one for you when you arrive. We understand that this requirement will be unpopular for some, but please be courteous and consider the peace of mind and safety of your fellow members who would also like to attend in-person worship. Children under the age of two, and those who have trouble breathing, are not required to wear face covering. Please advise the usher of health-related exemptions.
• The cushions will be removed from the pews.
• There will be no childcare available.
• Barth Hall will be closed. There will be no coffee or donuts available.
• The mailboxes will be blocked off.
• The restrooms will be open. Please use sanitizer before using; wash your hands and use sanitizer before re-entering the Sanctuary.
• The Sanctuary, Narthex, hallway, and other accessible spaces will be cleaned before each service.
The Board of Elders, Calvary leadership, and staff will continue to assess worship opportunities as guidelines and COVID-related data dictates.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact any of the Elders.
Our offerings must continue during these unprecedented times. Utility bills must be paid; Calvary’s staff continues to work incredibly hard, earning their salaries; there are still members in need of care. Please continue your offerings through the church website (one-time giving or automatic withdrawals), the GivePlus app, or by dropping it off when you receive Communion. https://www.calvarykc.com/giving/
All details provided are in effect as of July 2020.
"We rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts." Romans 5:3-5.
"Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and strengthen them in every good work and word." 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ: Grace and peace to you. We pray for the health and safety of you and your loved ones. Included in this sections are the updated details regarding in-person worship, Facebook link for online services, Worship Schedule, COVID protocols, and Stewardship/Giving options.
This plan has been informed by guidelines issued by KCMO and the CDC, as well as the daily procedures of Calvary’s dedicated staff. The Board of Elders, Calvary’s leadership, and staff continue to monitor the COVID situation in our community and consider how to safely open up further. In recent weeks, the rate of infections has begun to increase again. We want to be able to offer in-person worship, albeit in a responsible manner that protects the most vulnerable among us. Please be patient and courteous. There is no single plan that will please everyone. We are trying to open up in-person worship to more people while keeping our Pastors, staff, fellow Congregation members, and the families who attend the EEC safe and healthy.
As always, if you are feeling sick, are experiencing any symptoms, or have any indication that you may have been exposed to the virus, please withhold attending worship in-person and continue worshiping with us via Facebook Live.
Calvary Lutheran is here to share the love of Christ and the message of salvation by grace through Him.
We are seeking, by the Grace of God, to grow in love as committed disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ calling, nurturing and empowering Christians for service.
Worship with us at our Oak Campus - 7500 Oak Street, KCMO
WEEKLY SERVICE TIMES
Our services are an expression of Christianity’s ancient traditions. The focus is on the Lord and His grace. Much of the service is simply the singing and speaking of Scripture – God’s Holy Word.
CALVARY LUTHERAN SCHOOL
Calvary Lutheran School offers top-quality Christian education in the Kansas City community.
Children from infants through eighth grade are in an environment where they learn to strive for excellence, serve the Lord, and show love and compassion for all people.
Early Education Center - EEC
Grade School - K-8
VERB Summer Program
Schedule A Tour
OUR CHURCH LOCATION MAP
INTERESTED IN JOINING OR VISITING CALVARY LUTHERAN?
Please stop by any Sunday service and speak to a greeter or usher, or contact our church office directly at 816-444-6908. We look forward to speaking with you.